Friday, October 8, 2010

Currently crushing on...Erdem Kasuma embroidered wool cape



The last time I felt like this about a cape was probably when I was in 3rd grade and I wanted to dress up as  "Red riding hood" for a fancy-dress competition at school .
I actually bullied my poor mother into getting a gross little red velvet cloak stitched
for me by the local tailor.

The episode didn't quite go as planned because I seem to remember feeling a little silly as people glared at me uncomprehendingly. So I never wanted to wear the cape after the show, which by the way, was won by some dull and predictable little bunny or butterfly, I can't remember.

That is probably why I have always thought  "cloaks and capes" only work well in fairy tales not in
real life.
But the way I feel now about this really grown-up cloak  is quite different!

It seems surprisingly wearable and very very stylish , it will probably bring on glares of a totally different kind- the kind that leave you feeling smug.

 http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/81422                                                                        

                                                                                          ..........
Disclaimer- The writer does not claim any rights to the images used in this blog. The pictures used in the blog, have been collected using google image search and modified for use on this non-commercial blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
I would love to know what you think !